About Dr. Nicodemus, Clinical Psychologist
I am a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist with over 20 years of experience with diverse patient populations. My approach to treatment is based on my training in psychodynamic psychotherapy and psychoanalysis.
I believe that when a patient comes to see a therapist, they often ask these questions: “Will I feel safe, will I be heard without judgment and can this unknown person be trusted?” The therapeutic relationship is the most profound, protected, and valuable asset created between the psychologist and the patient. I am in awe of my patients’ courage and their ability to trust, so that the issues grappled with can be explored and understood, and that ultimately they can begin to heal and grow in ways that are both needed and desired.
- Clinical Training
- Clinical Experience
- Teaching Experience
Clinical Psychologist Certifications
- Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Certified Psychotherapist
- Certificate of Extramural Training at the Beck Institute of Cognitive Therapy
- Certification in Ericksonian Hypnosis
- Certificate in Family Therapy
- Certification in Meditation and Conflict Resolution
Clinical Psychologist Training
- St. Louis Psychoanalytic Institute Post-Graduate Training.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology, Mediplex Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Doctoral Internship specializing in Neuropsychology.
- Internship in Clinical Psychology specializing in treatment of chronic pain and health related issues. Use of hypnosis and bio-feedback, as well as pre-surgical evaluations.
Training Related to Master's Degree
- Internship, Consultation Liaison Department of Psychiatry, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. Principal focus on terminally ill cancer patients and their families.
- Internship, Department of Family Psychiatry, Eastern Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute. Family Therapy Training Program, and research on death and dying, particularly childhood separation and loss.
Clinical Psychology Experience
- Private Practice in Nashville, TN since 2014 and in Delaware from 1980 to 2013 in diverse city and rural populations. Interventions included long term psychodynamic psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, cognitive behavioral therapy, hypnosis and visualization for the management of chronic pain.
- Clinical Psychologist in the Department of Adult Behavioral Health, Ft. Campbell Army Post. Professional responsibilities included crisis intervention, hospital admissions and discharges, treatment of combat related issues including PTSD, TBI, chronic pain, anxiety and mood disorders, as well as personality disorders. Psychological and neuropsychological evaluations as well as a wide range of administrative duties.
Psychotherapist Teaching Experience
- Instructor (current) Advanced Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Program of the Nashville Center for Psychoanalysis and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy.
- Instructor, Delaware Technical and Community College.
- Nicodemus,Katharine. “Personality Type and Job Satisfaction.” Physicians’ Pathways to Non-Traditional Careers and Leadership Opportunities.
- Doctoral Dissertation: Traumatic Brain Injury: The Visual System and Self Awareness After Injury
- American Psychological Association
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Tennessee Psychological Association
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- Nashville Center for Psychoanalysis and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy for:
- Adolescents/Teenagers (12 to 19)
- Cancer Patients
- Elders (65+)